Labels

Sunday 9 February 2014

My First Canvass


 In this project  I have copied the design used on the card 'A variation on a Great Design' on to canvass.  This is the first canvass I have ever done, and I'm really pleased with it.  As before this project is inspired by Sheena Douglass who makes lovely art on canvass.  I created this art work using the same techniques as on the card, but this time I used acrylic paints instead of Radiant Rains, and guilding flakes with flitterglue instead of heat embossing with powder.  I embellished the canvass with a vintage style plaque and skeleton leaves.  The paints are best dabbed on with a brush and blended as one colour goes in to the next.  As it is a stretched canvass I used a block of wood underneath so that I had a stable surface to stamp on.  The ink used for stamping is black Versafine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment