Labels

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Beautiful Scraps



This design is one that I made for a freind to prove a point.  My friend laughs at me because I don't throw  anything away when crafting "it might be useful for something else" I always say.  So I made the flowers on this card out of scraps left over from one of our 'play days' that my friend was going to throw away.  The base card is green, and a leafy bamboo image has been stamped in lime green Brilliance ink around the edges.  The background panel is black card, spritzed with lime green shimmer mist, then embossed in a folder through a machine.  The edge of the panel is coloured with a gold Krylon pen  then it is matted on to plain black card.  The scraps that were discarded by my friend were pieces of copy paper that were put under some pieces of cardstock that we had been sprizing with shimmer mists, to protect the work surface.  We used several shades of green during our 'playtime', so I had plenty of materials to use with various floral die cuts.  Some of the paler scraps were stamped with the bamboo image to add extra interest.  The butterfly was made in the same way.  The flowers were assembled by just a dab of glue in the center of each flower and layering different sizes and types together.  A dot of glue and glitter in the center of the top layer, and on the body of the butterfly complete the embellishments.  The flowers were attached to the card with dimensional glue, and a sentiment stamped, matted and layered and attached in the same way.  I think this is a simple, cheerful design to suit many occasions.    

No comments:

Post a Comment