Labels

Saturday 9 August 2014

Baby Blessings


  


Recently I have had several baby cards to make, two for a new baby, one for a first birthday.  I thought it was the perfect excuse to play with some stamps that have been sitting in a drawer since I got them waiting for the appropriate occasion!  And then three such occasions came along at once, a bit like buses but much, much nicer!  I have used 'BeBunny Baby' stamps from Crafter's Companion, an Embossalicious embossing folder and Nestability dies as well as a few other bits and pieces to create this card.   The base card is a white, linen effect card, which has Sky Blue Brilliance ink (BI) blended around the edges.  Using the same ink I stamped a couple of small sentiments in each corner.  I took a piece of baby blue pearlescent card and embossed it in the folder through a machine, creating a pattern of clouds.  I did the same with a piece of Snow White centura pearl card.   Then I used the dies to cut different sized panels out of the embossed cards, and added glitter to the clouds.  I then blended some blue ink around the edges.  I used a piece of printed scrapbook paper, die cut it and glittered the edges.  I matted and layered the two embossed panels on to the base card.  I added a gingham ribbon and a bow to the printed panel then layered it on to the card.  The two main focal points in this design are a rabbit and a tag.   On a piece of white card I stamped the BeBunny rabbit in Sepia ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  Then I inked the word 'Baby' and the little baubles with the same ink and heat embossed them.  I stamped over the word 'baby' with the patterned squares from the set, to add pattern to the letters.  I coloured all the images with Pro-markers, blending the colours to create light and shade, then cut them out.  I added glitter to the baubles and letters, then decoupaged them on to the striped panel with dimensional glue.  I punched the tag out of Centura Pearl card.  I stamped the top and bottom of the tag with the same pattern as on the letters using blue ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  Then I stamped a sentiment in the middle of the tag and embossed it.  I blended some blue ink around the edges of the tag, added some ribbon and buttons, then attached the tag to the card with dimensional glue.  This lovely card can easily be made in other colours to suit a girl or if the sex of the baby is not known.

1 comment:

  1. I really love your baby card , it is so sweet!!! Great cutting and stamping up!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete