Labels

Saturday 2 August 2014

New Job Old Bean?





I designed this card as a 'Good Luck In Your New Job' card, but it could be used as a retirement card or a good luck in your exams card etc. as well.  I have recently been experimenting with Vintage and Steampunk themes in both my card making and home decor projects.  I've had these stamps by Sheena Douglass for some time so this was the ideal opportunity to try them out!  The base card is a piece of cream Linen textured card with Walnut stain DI blended around the edges.  The background panel is created using pages from an old book which I have painted with H2O's in metallic and sepia tones.  When they were dry I stamped a crackle effect image all over the pages in Sepia ink, and added some ink blot images to give the background an old, vintage, aged look.  I cut a piece of black card to size, then stamped the corners with corner stamps from Sheena's 'Ageing Beautifully' set.  I then cut the book pages to size and matted them on to the black card.  Next I stamped the typewriter, main sentiment and fob watch on to white card using black  Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder.   The fob  watch is a stamp by Inkydoodles from a set called 'Hexley Transport'.  I used Tea Dye DI to age the typewriter then I stamped the 'With Love' words in black ink on to the page in the typewriter, they are designed to fit there.  Using a die I cut the sentiment out and embossed it in a machine.  I used the Tea Dye ink to blend around the inside edges through the die.  I added some ink blots to the sentiment panel, and rubbed the very edges of the panel with ink.  I coloured the fob watch with H2O's and cut it out.  The watch hands were stamped, heat embossed and cut out separately, then attached to the face with dimensional glue.  I then covered the watch face with Glossy Accents to give the effect of glass.  I assembled the card by attaching the elements with dimensional glue.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! Great image and colours I olso love your background!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete