Labels

Monday 27 October 2014

Gothic Floral Tag





This is another entry for the CB challenge blog http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/, using their chosen colour swatch as usual.  The stamps I have used are from 'Steampunk Butterfly', 'Mini Scripts', 'Spinney Tree', and 'Words of Inspiration' sets.  The inks used are Versamark, brilliance inks Pearl Poppy and Pearl Rust.  Paints used are radiant rains Ginger Peach and Pink Grapefruit, and acrylic paints.   I have also used Razzleberry embossing powder.  I was inspired to make this tag by the designs from Lesley and Judith on the CBDT.  Using white card I cut it into a large tag shape.  Then I mixed some acrylic paints, rose madder and titanium white and painted the whole tag.  When the paint was dry I applied the  radiant rains with a sponge over the lower two thirds of the tag, then around the top edges.  Next I took some of the mixed paint and applied it through a stencil in a few places to add texture.  When that was dry I stamped a large pattern image around the top edges of the tag in the Pearl Poppy brilliance ink.  I used Pearl Rust ink to stamp keys randomly all over the tag.  I used second generation  poppy ink to randomly stamp script over the tag.  I blended the ink around the edges of the whole tag.  Then I stamped several steampunk roses on to white card in Versamark ink and heat embossed the images with Razzleberry powder.   I painted the images with the radiant rains and cut them out.  I stamped a butterfly, embossed, painted and cut it out in the same way.  I attached the flowers and butterfly to the tag with dimensional glue, and added some coordinating fibres.  I wouldn't normally put these colours together but I love the result!  And that's the point of the challenge, to make you try something different and have lots of fun!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag in the Steampunk theme, great use of the challenge colours. Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Baroque's Colour Challenge, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tag Penny. Love the design and the depth you have created. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge.
    Hugs, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgious tag!!! I really love the image and the beautiful bright colours!!!

    Greetings and have a nice weekend!!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous,Thanks for sharing with us at Chocolate Baroque.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Penny, a gorgeous tag, love the textured background, and your choice of stamps. Thanks for joining the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete