Labels

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Acorns and Brushos









This is a lovely card that I created today to showcase a new stamp and my new Brushos.  It is the first time I have ever used Brushos, even though I have had them a while.  Like the gelli plate, I need more practice, but I love them already!  I am entering this piece into two challenges : http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ 'Use something new to you' challenge, and  http://blog.laviniastamps.com/ 'Anything goes' challenge.  The stamps I have used are all Lavinia stamps but only the Acorn  Dwelling is new.  The Brusho colours I used are lime green,terracotta, sandstone, and yellow ochre.  I started by stamping the Acorn Dwelling image onto watercolour card in sepia Versafine ink, and then did the same onto smooth card and heat embossed it with clear powder. This will act as a guide for placing the embossed image later.  I then spritzed the watercolour card with water and sprinkled the Brushos  randomly around the stamped image.  I let the paints do their thing and while they were drying I cut out and coloured the embossed image with Distress Inks.  I stamped the Creeping Vine using sepia ink onto acetate and heat embossed with gold powder.  I then cut out the image.  When the paints were dry I stamped an orchid image along the bottom of the panel, staggering the images and using secondary stamping to give depth.  I made another Brusho background in the same way as I did this one, and  I used it to die cut some leaves, pine cones, acorns and foliage sprigs.  I shaped the acorn house and die cut embellishments with a ball tool.  I attached the house to the background panel with dimensional glue over the first stamped image, then added the acetate vines along the top edge of the panel.  I matted the panel onto gold card then layered it onto burgandy card.  I arranged the embellishments along the bottom and sides of the panel to give the artwork a 'forest floor' effect, then  I attached them with dimensional glue.  I am really pleased with this lovely design.  It is also a good 'worker' card, it could be used for many occasions, male or female and different age groups. 

2 comments:

  1. This is fab Penny, Brusho's are so much fun aren't they! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ! I love the colours and textures. Simply stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete