Labels

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Steampunk Flutterby Dreams








So this is my second entry to the CB challenge:  http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/.  I have used DIs in the same colours as in the previous post(Tropically Funky Fish), the same embossing powder, same card stock.  The stamps are from the CB Steampunk Butterfly set with the addition of one from the Eastern Grasses set.  As before I started by creating the background panel, a piece of white card onto which I blended the blue and yellow DIs.  I laid a stencil over the panel and used the same inks to create random  leaf shapes all over  the panel.  I then stamped the grasses several times along the bottom of the card.  Next I embossed the panel using a TCW cogs stencil in a machine to add texture.  I matted the panel onto black card.  I stamped the flowers and butterfly onto white card using clear Versamark ink and heat embossed the images with teal powder.  I stamped the butterfly again onto heat resistant acetate and embossed it.  The card flowers and butterfly were painted with DIs and cut out, as well as the acetate butterfly.  I added Glossy Accents to the flower heads.The base card is white and I have stamped the grasses repeatedly using a rose pink ink that I made by mixing DIs on a blending mat, adding a little water then inking up the stamp.  I layered the background panel onto the base card.  I layered the acetate butterfly onto the card butterfly using liquid pearls just on the body, having mixed a suitable colour.  I took a piece of lavender coloured card and blended the pink DI over it.  I stamped the sentiment in clear ink and heat embossed as before.  I die cut some cogs out of the same card.  I attached the flowers with dimensional glue, and the butterfly.   I added the cogs over the bottom of the flowers to represent soil.  Finally I attached the sentiment panel.  I really like this design, I have made it before in slightly different colours.  I think it's a lovely cheerful card, and a good worker card - it can be used for all sorts of occasions and with different colours for male and female and a variety of ages.  

4 comments:

  1. Gosh! Such a lot of work. Loved reading your post on how you made this and the techniques you used. The effects is brilliant. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vibrant design with such fantastic dimension and textures. Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Baroque's Colour Challenge, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab design Penny, loved reading about all of the details, thanks for entering your card into the Chocolate Baroque challenge. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wicked card....Vibrant colours and stunning. Love the steam punk butterfly, so gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete