Labels

Sunday 15 February 2015

Eastern Sparkle








I made this card for the Crafter's Companion February challenge 'Add Some Sparkle', and because I wanted to create a piece of artwork using some of my favourite stash!  https://www.facebook.com/CraftersCompanion.  I wanted to create something bright and colourful, something to cheer everyone up on these dull cold days.  I also wanted to do something with an oriental theme as it's quite a while since I did so.  The stamps used are from Sheena Douglass's 'A Little Bit Oriental' collection, ( Lanterns and Sakura) as is the embossing  folder.  I started by making the floral panel blending Distress Inks onto Sheena's smooth white card; Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Worn Lipstick.  When dry I stamped cherry blossom branches in black Versfine ink, creating a border around the edges of the panel.  Using a soft brush and water I faux bleached the flowers.  I then painted the flowers using H2o paints in various shades of pink and purple.  I took some matt black card and embossed it in a folder through a machine.  I applied Treasure Gold gilding wax to the raised pattern and polished it when dry.  I used this as my base card.  I took another piece of matt black card and sprayed it with Glimmer mists in gold and hot pink.  I then embossed the panel using a different folder.  I edged this panel and the floral panel in gold gilding wax, then matted and layered them onto the base card.  I had earlier stamped and heat embossed several separate flowers in black and painted them.  I cut them out and shaped them with a ball tool and set them aside.  I stamped three large lantern images onto acetate in black ink, then heat embossed them with black powder.  I stamped the lanterns again onto white card in black ink, and cut out all the lanterns.  I glittered the acetate lanterns on the reverse side, and when they were completely dry I attached the card lanterns over the glitter to make the colours pop.  I then attached the lanterns and flowers using dimensional glue.  This is a lovely, cheery card design which is an excellent worker card, useful for most occasions.



No comments:

Post a Comment