Labels

Sunday 30 August 2015

A Rose for Teacher





This is a pretty card that I made recently for my grandson to give to his teacher at the end of his time in her class, her name is Rose.  The stamps used are either freebies from a magazine or so old that , they have been discontinued.  I used Distress Inks Picked Raspberry,Worn Lipstick and Mowed Lawn.  I also made my own shade of acrylic paint to co-ordinate with the inks.   The base card is Centura Pearl, and I have embossed it in a folder through a machine.  Then I blended some DI around the edges of the card.  The background panel is a piece of white card onto which I have stamped a pattern of roses using Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then rubbed ink all over the panel, and polished it afterwards with a soft cloth.  The embossed pattern resists the ink, showing a white pattern through the coloured ink.  This is called the resist technique.  I coloured another piece of white card with acrylic paint, then die cut it.  I edged the shaped panel with ink, then cut the background panel slightly smaller than the coloured panel.  I matted and layered them onto the base card.  On another piece of white card I stamped a couple of rose images in Sepia Versafine ink, and heat embossed them with clear powder.  I water coloured the images using the DI's then fussy cut them.  I also die cut some foliage sprigs and painted them in the same way.  I stamped a butterfly, painted it then cut it out too.  I then stamped and heat embossed a sentiment onto white card, then die cut it and added ink around the edges.  I attached it to the card with dimensional glue, then added the flowers and foliage behind it.  I coloured a piece of white card with diluted ink then die cut the name from it.  I inked around the edges of each letter to add shading and attached them to the card with dimensional glue.  I like the simplicity of this design, it makes a nice change from some of my more complex artwork.  I think this design will work for a variety of occasions, and it can be personalised to suit.   


No comments:

Post a Comment