Labels

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Big Cat's Palace












This is a birthday card that I made recently for a male family member.  I wanted to make a masculine card, although this design would be good for girls too.  I have used stamps and embossing folders from Sheena Douglass' Taste of India collection.  I used Distress inks to colour: Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, and Black Soot.  To begin with I took a piece of orange card and embossed it in the Tiger Stripes folder.  I then rubbed over the raised pattern with Black Soot to create stripes, and blended gold gilding wax around the edges of the panel. I then matted the panel onto a black base card.   Next I took the packaging from the embossing folder and embossed it in the Indian Arches folder through a machine, sanded it back and rubbed gold gilding wax over the raised pattern.  The packaging already had a mottled stone effect on it which suited the arches background I wanted for this piece.  I then matted the panel onto black card and layered it onto the base card.  Using a piece of Sheena card I stamped the tiger in black Versafine ink and heat embossed it with black powder.  I then water-coloured the image with the Distress Inks.  I used a tiny bit of green ink for the eyes the added clear glaze to make them pop.  I stamped the leaves using Versamark ink onto green card, heat embossed the images with clear embossing powder, and added a little gilding wax to the edges of the leaves.  I then fussy cut all the images, and added them using dimensional glue. I stamped the sentiment using Versafine ink and heat embossed onto black card with gold powder, then die cut it and edged the panel in wax again, adding it with dimensional glue.  I think this design would suit many occasions, and several different age groups.  I just love that regal Tiger!   

No comments:

Post a Comment