Labels

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Magical Birthday Goblet






This is a card I made for my eldest grandson's 12th Birthday last month.  I LOVED making this one!  My grandson and I have similar tastes in film and story genres, so I took the inspiration for the subject matter from Harry Potter 'The Goblet of Fire'.  I also took inspiration from a card design by one of the Inkoids - Sheena Douglass' DT, that I saw when she launched the stamps a while ago.  So for this design I have used Sheena's stamps and an embossing folder; the stamps are from several sets of the 'Little Bit Magical' collection; the folder is the 'Ancient Arches'.  To colour this artwork I have used Distress Inks and Dyna Paints.  I started with a piece of white Sheena card and blended DI's; Peacock Feathers, Broken China and Chipped Sapphire.  I faux bleached spots randomly over the inked background and dried it with a heat gun.  I stamped the Ancient Arches image, some script and a scroll using second generation Vintage Photo, Broken China and Chipped Sapphire DI's, then I blended Black Soot DI around the edges.  Next I debossed the background panel in the folder through a machine to add more texture.  I matted the panel onto black card.  I took another piece of Sheena card and stamped the goblet, flames, ink bottle and quill in black ink then heat embossed the images with black embossing powder.  I painted the images with Dyna paints and fussy cut them.  I added clear glaze to the ink bottle and leaves and let them dry.  I took the white base card and blended Chipped Sapphire around the edges, then stamped a scroll across the corners and also on the envelope to co-ordinate them.  I layered the background panel onto the base card.  I attached the focal images with dimensional glue creating another layer and height.  I tore a piece of copy paper into a rough rectangle and tinted it both sides with Vintage Photo, and the very edges with Black Soot to make it look singed.  I then put my grandson's initials on it and rolled it around a kebab stick so that it looks like a piece of singed parchment that has come out of the goblet with his name on.  As I said I loved making this, I think it is a great design for males or females of any age group, and it would suit different occasions.  I had to give this card away obviously, so I think I might adapt the design onto a canvass for myself!   Watch this space!  



No comments:

Post a Comment