Labels

Sunday 20 September 2015

Look What I Caught!






This is a card that I made recently for my youngest grandson to give to his dad for his birthday.  The stamp is one that I've had for years and I love using it.  I have used it for children's cards and scrapbooking alike, it is so versatile.  I have used a Sheena Douglass embossing folder, my old stamp, some Pearl acrylic paints, Brilliance ink - Sky Blue, Pro Markers and some punched out creatures.  The base card is white and for once I have left it alone, except for some creatures punched out of pearlescent paper.  I then took a piece of white card and sponged the paints all over it.  When dry I cut a panel, smaller than the card front, and embossed it in the folder through a machine.  I used this folder as it looks like ripples of water.  On another piece of white card I stamped the little boy in black ink and heat embossed the image with black powder.  I then coloured the image with Pro Markers, and fussy cut it.  I blended black Distress Ink around the edges of the embossed panel then matted it onto black card.  I added a little silver gilding wax to the edges of the black card and layered it onto the base card.  I attached the boy with dimensional glue, then added clear glaze to the jam jar to make it look like glass.  I made a tag out of a piece of the sponged card and matted it onto black card, adding black ink and gilding wax to the edges as before.  Next I die cut letters from pearlescent papers and made up the sentiment, adding black ink to the edges of the letters to make them stand out.   I attached the sentiment to the tag, added a couple of buttons and punched out dragonflies.  I also attached dragonflies to the embossed panel and added glitter to all the wings.   I then threaded some ribbon through the tag and attached it to the card with dimensional glue.  I love this little card it's so versatile.  It could be used for a child's birthday or an adult's.   

No comments:

Post a Comment