Labels

Friday 18 September 2015

Silver and White Elegance







This is a beautiful card that I made recently for a friend's daughter.  I love to use silver and white or gold and white for wedding cards, this design would suit a silver or golden anniversary as well.  Although I have only used two colours there are a lot of elements to this design which, when put together, give the card a wow factor.  I have used Centura Pearl card, silver mirror card, Sheena Douglass Ancient Arches embossing folder, Platinum Planet Brilliance ink, Creative Expressions swirl stamp, and several floral and foliage dies.  The base card is a white scalloped edge card and I stamped the swirl image along the edges.  I embossed a piece of Centura Pearl card in the folder through a machine, in fact I put it through twice as the panel was wider than the folder.  I matted the panel onto silver mirror card leaving a border, then layered it onto the base card.  Next I die cut lots of flowers, in various sizes and shapes, out of Centura Pearl card.   I glittered the edges of some of them, and inked the edges of the others.  I also die cut some foliage sprigs in pearl and mirror card, and some trailing ivy in pearl card, glittering the edges.  I then shaped the flowers with a ball tool, and assembled them in layers to make 3D flowers.  I added  a pearl to the centres, and arranged the flowers and foliage onto the card.  I attached them all with dimensional glue.  I then die cut the sentiment out of mirror card and attached it in the same way.  I added names to personalise the card by die cutting the letters, spraying them with 'Stick and Spray' then covering in glitter, and attached them with dimensional glue.   

No comments:

Post a Comment