Labels

Monday 7 December 2015

Purple Classics








This is a card I made for one of my daughters who started a new job recently.  She is an Assistant Designer at a book publishers so I wanted to design a card that reflects her new role and is personal to her.  One of her favourite colours is purple so the colour scheme was an easy choice.  The stamps I have used are Sheena Douglass' 'A Little Bit Magical - Knowledge' set; the Mona Lisa is from the Tim Holtz collection; the word 'Create' is from Paper Parachute; an embossing folder from Sheena's 'A Taste of India' collection; Distress Inks, H2os, gilding wax have also been used.  The background panel started as a piece of white card onto which I blended 3 colours of DIs before embossing it in the folder.  I added gold gilding wax to highlight the raised pattern.  On another piece of white card I stamped some books, a quill and ink bottle, the word and the Mona Lisa in black ink then heat embossed with black EP.  I fussy cut the images out then painted them with the inks and some gold H2o paint, except for the Mona Lisa.  I blended the same inks all over the panel, added black ink around the edges, then triple heat embossed with clear EP to give a glazed effect.  I made a tag for the word and edged it in black.  I threaded some coordinating fibres through the tag.  Then I took some pink hessian ribbon and stained it with the inks to tone in with the card.  I attached this to the background panel, then matted that onto black card and layered it onto the base card.  The other images were attached as embellishments with dimensional glue.  I am really pleased with this design - and so was my daughter!  I think it will make a good worker card too, for many occassions and male and female cards too

No comments:

Post a Comment