Labels

Friday 15 January 2016

Peacock in Red





                                                                                 
                                                                           
                                                                                                       


This is my first challenge blog entry of 2016, and I am entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge  http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/.  I haven't entered a challenge for some months but when I saw the colours for challenge 18 I couldn't resist!  The stamps are a mixture from CB sets Tangled Peacocks and Peacock Parade; the inks are red and black DI's and black Versafine; I have also used red and black glitter, white embossing powder and card stock from my stash.  
The focal panel is a piece of white card onto which I stamped the peacock in black Versafine.  When the image was dry I painted it using red DI and water.  after drying I stamped the trio of feathers randomly all over the panel in second generation ink.  I then used water and a brush to pull the ink into the pattern.  I then blended black DI around the edges.  I picked out parts of the peacock to highlight and added the glitters.  I also added Glossy Accents to the tiny roses in the tail to emphasize and add texture.  On another piece of white card I stamped a large image as before four times then fussy cut them.  I painted them and added glitter as before.  Taking some black card I stamped a border around the edge and heat embossed with white powder.  I matted the focal panel onto the black card and then onto red card.  Finally I attached the large painted images with dimensional glue to embellish the  work and add height.  I love this design; I love peacocks and my favourite colour is red so this combo is made for me!  I think this is a great worker design too, it can be used as a card for various occasions, or as a wall hanging and home decor.  I absolutely LOVED making this!  

1 comment:

  1. A super vibrant card Penny, and lovely to see you back entering the challenge again. Fab texture with the glitter and Glossy Accents, and a great layout. Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete