Labels

Sunday 14 February 2016

Red Rose, Red Heart









This is the Valentines card I have made for my husband this year.  I loved the red, white and black colour swatch for the Chocolate Baroque challenge #18 that I decided to use it for this card.  Also it's a favourite colour combo of mine.  I have used images from the CB 'Fluttering Hearts' and 'Key to my Dreams' sets, plus a script stamp from Hero Arts that I've had for years.  I used Candied Apple, Mowed Lawn and Black Soot Distress Inks; some heart dies and a heart stencil.  On the white base card I stamped the script, then blended black ink around the edges.  I cut a piece of white card to size, and stamped a floral heart image repeatedly and randomly all over in red ink.  I then stamped a sentiment in black ink randomly, using first and second generation ink, then blended ink around the edges of the panel.  I matted the background panel onto black card and layered it onto the base card.  On a separate piece of white card I stamped a rose, a key and a sentiment in black ink and heat embossed them in black powder.  I painted the rose and key with DI's and added highlights with a silver gel pen, then fussy cut them.  Next I cut two large hearts, one from black card, one from white.  I painted the white heart with red DI, dried it with a heat gun, then stamped the script all over it.  I stamped an ornate lock in black ink onto the heart and heat embossed it with black powder.   I blended more red ink around the edges to add shading then matted it onto the black heart.   I painted an offcut of white card with red ink, graduating the colour, then die cut some hearts.  Next I cut  out a panel for the sentiment and blended red ink around the edges, then matted it onto black card.  I assembled all the embellishments onto the front of the card and attached them with dimensional glue.  I'm really pleased with the result, I think this is a lovely Valentines design.  I hope hubby likes it too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment