Labels

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Vintage Travels








This is a card I made for my youngest daughter when she went travelling recently.  I  wanted to create a 'Good Luck on your Travels' card with a vintage theme so I mixed stamps from my stash, some I've had for years and some that  were bought more recently.  The newer additions to my stash are from Crafter's Companion and Sheena Douglass; Time Flies from the Times Gone By collection, and City in the Clouds from the A Little Bit Magical collection.  I used Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Vintage Photo and Walnut stain, and Vintage Sepia Versafine ink.   To create the background panel I took a piece of white card and blended the DI's all over it.  I gave the panel a quick blast with a heat gun then used water to faux bleach it.  I then stamped the image of a map using the Vintage Sepia ink,  stamped several travel related words randomly over the panel and blended Walnut Stain DI around the edges.  I matted the panel onto dark card and attached it to the base card.  On another piece of white card I stamped several images in Versafine ink and heat embossed them in clear powder.  I used DI to colour the images before cutting them out, and added Glossy Accents to the compass and fobwatch to represent  the glass covers.  When dry I attached all the embellishments to the card with dimensional glue.  I then took a piece of acetate and stamped the word 'Journey' and heat embossed with gold powder before cutting it out and attaching to the card.   I really like this card, it has the vintage feel that I wanted and I like the 'old map' background panel.  

2 comments:

  1. This is a great card for your daughter. You really captured the feel of old postcards and the old style trunks people used. Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you very much :) I wanted my daughter to take a bit of home with her on her travels xx

      Delete