Labels

Saturday 12 November 2016

Birthday Colours





Hi there, I'm sharing a quick and easy card with you today, a birthday card that I made recently for a friend.  I've recently got into adult colouring, I hadn't really done much since childhood  :)  For this card I have used one of the pages from the Eastern Promise colouring pad in the Crafter's Companion Colorista range and Colourista alcohol pens.  I have also used dies from Crafter's Companion, Tattered Lace, and X cut, Black Soot and Seedless Preseves Distress Inks, and silver gilding wax. 





I removed the page I had selected from the colouring pad and trimmed it slightly, then blended black ink around the edges.  I cut a piece of black card slightly larger than the page and matted the page onto it.  I used some bright blue card as a base card and layered the focal panel onto it.  





Next I die cut some flowers and foliage out of pink and black card.  I cut words for the sentiment and some letters out of silver mirror card.   I blended DI around the edges of the pink flowers and foliage, then shaped them.  I added gilding wax to the black flowers, foliage and words,then shaped them as well.  I layered the flowers together and added a gem to the middle.  I also added a gem to the centre of the main pattern, and to the butterfly. 



Finally I attached all the embellishments to the card.  I love the results of this card, so bright and cheerful!  I think it could be used for different occasions too, and for male and female cards.  I used this page because I knew that my friend likes it, she admired it a few weeks ago  :)  




Thank you for dropping in, I hope you have enjoyed this project.  :)

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! The colours are just popping and I love the pinks with the red and the teal. The blue sets everything up. The shading is beautiful...I was looking at the leaves in the light green. Wonderful work and she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you so much my lovely! Your comment means a lot, I have only just started adult colouring in September :) xx

      Delete
  2. Awww! Gorgeous card. Loooove the vibrant colours. Fabulous colouring Lady P.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flo, thank you very much hun! I am finding this colouring lark very relaxing lol :) xx

      Delete