Labels

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Tree Tag Trio



Hello I've got a Christmas card to show you today, this is my third GDT blog post for Chocolate Baroque.  I love Christmas cards with a 'Nordic Folk' feel to them, mixing cool and warm colours with Kraft card.  I also love tag art.  I have used images from the CB Christmas Flourish stamp set, which happens to be the first stamp set that I ever bought from them!  :)  I also used Distress Inks - Festive Berries, Bundled Sage and Broken China; Red Versafine Ink; clear, white and blue embossing powders.  



I started by stamping the three different tree images onto Kraft card, one in red ink which I heat embossed with clear powder and two in clear ink which I embossed with coloured embossing powders.   I used Kraft card for the base card and repeatedly stamped the Holly corner image and heat embossed with white powder.  



I took a piece of white card cut a little smaller than the base card and blended the DI's all over it.  I used the Holly Flourish image to faux bleach randomly over the panel.  I then stamped a sentiment randomly in green ink, matted the background panel onto a piece of red card then layered that onto the base card.



I made a tag of each tree and edged them with green ink.  I punched a hole in the top of each tag and threaded some twine through.  



I attached the tags to the card with dimensional glue. 






I stamped a sentiment onto Kraft card and heat embossed it with white powder, then matted and layered it as before and attached it to the card.  I really like this design as an alternative to traditional Christmas colours, having said that it would also work in traditional or contemporary colours.  Thanks for popping in to my blog and I hope you'll come back soon  :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Penny. Great stamping.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft background and love the trees especially the tree in the middle since it is blue. What's the name of the blue embossing powder?? This is such a nice looking card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Birgit :) The embossing powder is an old one that I've had for years from a company called Blade Rubber, the colour is Opal xxx

      Delete