Labels

Monday 26 December 2016

Ruby Poinsettias



Hi everyone, and a slightly belated Merry Christmas to you all!  Today I have another Christmas card to share with you.  I love Poinsettias, and I use them every year in my card designs one way or another  :)  This year nearly all my card designs used die cuts, printed papers or embossing folders as I was VERY behind!  ;)  For this card I have used Sheena Douglass and Spellbinders Poinsettia dies, Sheena Douglass Ivy die; a Crafters Companion sentiment die and small bauble die; a bauble die from my stash; Crafters Companion Traditional Christmas paper; pearlised card; Gold and Red Brilliance Inks.



I used a piece of the printed paper for the back ground, and blended red BI around the edges.  I then matted it onto a piece of red card and then onto the base card.  I die cut all the flowers, leaves, baubles and sentiment out of pearlised card and stencilled the BI's through the dies.  



I assembled the Poinsettias in 3D layers, then attached all the die cuts to the card with dimensional glue.  This is a simple card to make, the only thing that takes any time is the die cutting.  I love to make some of my cards in traditional colours and some in contemporary colours, this one ticks the traditional box  :)  


Thank you so much for visiting my blog today, I'd love to see you here again soon  :)  

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty. Once again, you made such a beautiful card and I love the flower and the backing...really well laid out.

    ReplyDelete