This is my second entry to the Chocolate Baroque colour challenge #21 http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/. I find the colours of this challenge so inspiring and so many ideas for projects are running around in my head! I decided to make a very large tag wall hanging for this entry, about A4 size. I used the CB Poppy Meadow stamp set again; Distress inks - Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean; H2o paints; Versafine Majestic Blue ink; stamps from CB Words of Inspiration and Butterfly Thistle; die cuts and an embossing folder.
Starting as usual with the background panel I blended the DI's onto white card. I then used a small stamp to randomly faux bleach with water, then over stamped the image in blue ink. Next I stamped another small image in the violet ink randomly over the panel, then blended the ink around the edges of the panel. I matted the panel onto coordinating card, then edged that with blue ink. On another piece of white card I stamped a large Poppy image twice in blue Versafine ink and heat embossed in clear powder. Next I painted the images with the H2o paints, and cut them out when dry. I stamped two words onto white card and heat embossed as before. I painted over the words with Peacock Feathers DI and cut around them, then blended violet ink around the edges. I painted a spare piece of white card with one of the H2o paints and die cut a butterfly from it. Next I stamped a butterfly onto more white card and heat embossed as before, then painted it with DI's and water before cutting it out. I then die cut some letters from the same card as the mat for the background panel and edged them with blue ink. To create the tag I shaped the top of a piece of white card by drawing around a pot and cutting freehand. I then embossed it in a folder and blended violet ink around the edges. I attached the tag to some thick card to strengthen it and shaped the top. I punched two holes in the top of the tag and threaded some ribbon through. I attached the panel to the tag with strong glue, then attached the Poppies, butterflies and words with dimensional glue. I'm really pleased with this project, it's a really pretty piece of Home Decor that could be made to suit any colour scheme.