Labels

Thursday 26 January 2017

Beating Heart




Hello and welcome  :)  Today I am sharing another CB tv sample from the shows earlier this month.  I have used CB Leafy Trails and Harlequin Rose stamp sets; black Versafine ink, Versamark ink, gold, white and black embossing powders; alcohol pens; gold marker pen.



I started with the background panel by stamping the large Leafy Trails image onto white card in black ink.  I blended red DI around the edges and painted the berries, then matted it onto black card and layered that onto a white base card.  



On a separate piece of white card I stamped the large Baroque style heart and embossed it in gold, then stamped several small hearts and embossed them in white.  I painted part of the large heart and all the smaller hearts then cut them out.  I stamped the sentiment onto black card and embossed it in gold, die cut it and edged it with gold pen.  I then stamped the large border in black ink onto acetate and embossed it in black.  I cut out the border and coloured the little flowers on the reverse with alcohol pen, then added gold pen to the centres on the right side.  



I attached the acetate border to the card then added the hearts and sentiment panel with dimensional glue.  I love the red, black and white colour scheme with hints of gold, I use it a lot in my art work.   This design could be re-created in different colours  as an anniversary card, and with a different sentiment it would make a lovely birthday card for a loved one.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today, hope to see you again soon  :)  

2 comments:

  1. Ok....breathtaking! This is so wonderful and artistic. I love the border at the bottom and the shading in reds...really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you very much - you're sdo kind :) I think this one will be the design for hubby's Valentine card this year! xx

      Delete