Labels

Wednesday 17 May 2017

A Gothic Ruin




Hello and welcome to my blog  :)   I'm sharing a card today that I made recently for my husbands birthday.  I know that all us crafters struggle sometimes with cards for men, especially once we have already exhausted the sports, alcohol and car themes lol!  Especially if, like my hubby, the man in question isn't a sports or alcohol fan.  I've used all the car stamps I have over the years too! 
I have used stamps from Chocolate Baroque's Gothic Fragments and Words of Love sets; Distress Inks, Versafine ink, Aqua Tints; die cuts and an embossing folder from my stash. 







I started by creating the background, blending DI's all over a piece of white card.  When that was dry I took a patterned image and spritzed the stamp with water before stamping randomly over the panel to faux bleach it.  I then inked the stamp with grey DI and stamped the image again several times using 1st and 2nd generation ink.  I then stamped another image randomly in 1st and 2nd generation grey ink.





Next I stamped an arched window in grey Versafine ink, then faux bleached it to show highlights.  I then stencilled some brickwork randomly in grey ink.





I stamped a sentiment in Sepia ink onto Kraft card and cut around it to create a panel then I blended DI around the edges.  I embossed another piece of Kraft card in a brick wall folder and blended DI over it.  I wrapped some natural twine around the focal panel then attached it to the wall panel, and in turn attached them to a base card.  I then attached the sentiment panel.




To complete the project I added a couple of die cuts; a leafy swirl corner that I cut from some card I had painted for a previous project, and a section of brick wall cut from Kraft card and blended with DI.  














I really love this card, the Gothic Fragments stamps are so gorgeous!  I think that this is a great worker card, for any occassion and for either male or female cards.  Thank you for popping by today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll visit again 

soon  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment