Labels

Monday 15 May 2017

Pearl Peacock






Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  I'm sharing a card that I made for the Chocolate Baroque DT blog Fifteen minute Card post.  All the cards featured take only fifteen minutes or less to make using CB stamps.  For this design I have used images from the Tangled Peacock set; Versamark ink, gold embossing powder, mica powders, gold pen; dies from my stash.




I began by die cutting some black, turquoise and white card to create a focal panel, mat and base card.  I stamped the Tangled Peacock onto the black card with Versamark ink, then brushed mica powders over the image.  I sprayed it with hairspray to fix the powders, then stamped and embossed a stylised  feather image in each corner.  




I edged the focal panel with gold pen, then matted and layered it onto the base card, which I also edged with gold.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment onto some more black card, edged it in gold then matted and layered it before attaching it to the card.  I added some tiny gems for the eyes of the peacock, and to the sentiment panel to complete the design.  I LOVE the CB peacock stamp sets, and I'm loving using my mica powders again!  I think that this quick and easy design makes a great card for lots of occasions.
Thanks for popping by my blog today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and will come back soon  :)    BTW - why not pop over to the CBDT blog for more quick card inspiration http://chocolatebaroque.blogspot.co.uk/ 

2 comments: