Labels

Wednesday 26 July 2017

Elegant Peacock Mask



Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  Today I am sharing a fun project with you which is my final Guest Designer post on the Chocolate Baroque DT blog.  http://chocolatebaroque.blogspot.co.uk/  
I love creating decorative masks and this is the first mask of this shape that I have done.  This shape made me think of a Grand Masked Ball so I wanted to create something elegant and opulent.  I have used stamps from Chocolate Baroque's Peacock Parade and Tangled Peacock sets; gold gilding paint, Blue Lagoon Versafine ink, gold embossing powder, Distress ink, gold acrylic paint, black artist' marker and gems from my stash.   




I took a piece of white card and stamped two Peacock tails and the body of another peacock, then embossed them all in gold.  I cut them out carefully then painted them.




I painted the mask itself with gold gilding paint, which has a beautiful lustre to it.  I used a black marker pen to accentuate the eye holes, and used a couple of worker stamps to decorate the mask.
  



I added tiny gems from my stash to the two tails, then added bigger gems to a couple of the stamped images on the mask.




I then attached the tails to either side of the mask, and the Peacock body to the centre of the mask just above the nose.





I added a couple more tiny gems by the eyes.  I then added some ribbon to tie the mask on with.




I'm so pleased with this project and I absolutely love this mask!  The Peacock sets are among my favourite stamps from Chocolate Baroque as you will know if you have seen previous posts on my blog, and they were the obvious choice for this mask.  This project was great fun to do and I think it makes a lovely piece of home decor as well as a fun accessory for parties!
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today, I hope you have enjoyed this post and will pop in again soon  :)  




2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny your mask is awesome, brilliantly created, your choice of stamps is terrific, and the gold and teal shades are wonderful together this beautiful mask wouldn't be out of place in a Venetian carnival, your samples on CB shows were stunning, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you thank you for such lovely comments! I really appreciate all your support hun, especially with this one. I wasn't sure that people would like or get it - so I'm glad that at least you do lol! And thank you for the comment on my CB show samples, I thought this was a beautiful collection, and as I love relaxing with colouring in the evening this was right up my street! :) xxx

      Delete