Labels

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Frosted Blue Rose




Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  I'm sharing a card that I made for the first of Chocolate Baroque's August tv shows.  This one is featuring the beautiful Crackling Rose stamp as well as some from the Words of Love and Take it or Leaf it sets; Distress Oxides Cracked Pistachio, Iced Spruce and Broken China, Distress Inks Cracked Pistachio and Broken China, colouring pencils, silver marker pen, black and greyVersafine inks, Stickles.   




I began with the main focal panel.  I stamped the rose onto a piece of white card using grey ink, it gives a softer, hand drawn look. I coloured it with pencils, and added blending and shading.  I wanted the rose to look like it had been touched by Winter's first frost, so I added Stickles.  




To complete the focal panel I die cut and embossed it, then added ink around the edges before taking the die off.  I edged the panel with silver pen then matted  it onto black card.




Next I created the background panel.  I put the DOs onto my glass mat, added water and swirled a piece of white card in them, picking up all the ink and letting it dry.  I'm a little bit addicted to this technique - and these inks lol!  I then used the DIs to stamp the leaves and the word 'LOVE' randomly all over the background panel. I edged the panel with silver and matted it onto black card as before.
  



I took a spare piece of card and coloured it with DOs as before.  I then stamped a sentiment in black ink and embossed it with clear powder.  I die cut it, embossed and inked the edges as before then added silver pen before matting it onto black card.




To complete this card I attached all the panels to a white base card.  I am so pleased with this design, the background is noticeable but not too overpowering, it showcases the main focal image beautifully.  This card would be great for a lot of occasions, and for male or female recipients alike.  
Thank you so much for popping by my blog today, I hope you have enjoyed this post and will come back again soon  :)

7 comments:

  1. I love this card. It looks so unique and elegant. I love the blue and the aged look of it. I have read this a couple of times but still unsure how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely stunning Penny, the colours are wonderful, I love the deep shades of blue and the sparkle, amazing background stamping and colouring, brilliant design. Kate x

      Delete
    2. Hi Kate, thank you my lovely - I loved making this one :) xx























      Kate

      Delete
  2. Hi Penny. Your card is very dramatic.I love the colours you have used and the twinkle it has.
    Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole, thank you so much for your comment :) I love these stamps! xx

      Delete