Labels

Wednesday 4 October 2017

Autumn Hedgerow



Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  Today's post is another tv sample for Chocolate Baroque's recent shows featuring their beautiful Autumn stamp collection.  As I have said before I love Autumn's rich warm colours, but we also get days when the sky is grey so I decided to recreate one of those days for this piece.  I have used stamps from the Autumn Hedgerow, Nature's Peace and Nature Table sets, Kaleidascope of Butterflies stencil; Brushos, Distress Oxides, Distress inks, Sepia Versafine ink, Aztec paint and clear embossing powder.



On a piece of white stamping card I stamped the mushrooms and conkers then masked them.  I then stamped wild flower images from the Autumn Hedgerow and Nature Table sets, to create a hedgerow on the card.  I masked some of the larger open images then wet the card with water and added grey Brusho, allowing it to spread through the water before leaving it to dry naturally.
    




When it was dry I removed the masks and painted the images.  I used Aztec paint to colour the Honesty pods as they are pearlescent in real life.  I used the Distress Oxides and inks to colour the other flowers, mushrooms and conkers, then added Glossy accents to the conkers to make them shiny.  



Next I used an ivory base card and stamped some of the imaged around the edges, adding butterflies through the stencil.



I matted the panel onto orange card as a contrast to the grey then attached that to the base card.  I then stamped and embossed a large butterfly and painted it with DOs.  I added clear Sparkle pen and cut it out.  I also stamped and embossed several leaves and acorns, coloured them and cut them out.



On a seperate piece of card I stamped and embossed the verse from the Nature's Peace set.  I then tore the edges of the verse and added DI' to create the look of old paper.  I added some small butterflies through the stencil.  




To complete the design I attached the butterfly, leaves, acorns and verse to the card with dimensional glue.  



I thoroughly enjoyed making this card!  These beautiful stamps and the grey Brusho paint really capture the look I was aiming for.  This is a good worker card, it can be used for any gender and any occasion.
Thank you very much for popping by today, I hope that you've enjoyed this post.  I'd love it if you leave me a comment, and I hope to see you here again soon  :) 

4 comments:

  1. Love the card with the grey background and all the pretty weeds, if I can say that but they are pretty and brings autumn out along with the mushrooms. Nicely painted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you very much hun, I'm glad you like it. I hope you are well xx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic project Penny. You can tell you enjoyed creating this. Wonderful detail. TFS all of the photos. Really enjoyed reading how you made this.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flo, thank you very much for your lovely words :) You have a great weekend too hun xxx

      Delete