Labels

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Voyage of Discovery





Hello there and welcome to my blog  :)  I have one of my sample cards from the recent Chocolate Baroque Steampunk shows on tv to share with you today, which is also on the CBDT blog today.   I LOVE Steampunk, so working with these stamps was a dream!  I have used stamps from the Steampunkery and Steampunk Travel sets; Distress Inks, White Charcoal, alcohol pens,Sepia Versafine, gold embossing powder and clear EP.  



As always I stamped and cut out the images on copy paper, then used them to design the layout of my card. 



I stamped the Airship in Sepia ink and embossed it with clear EP.  I then masked the image and created a colourwash with Distress ink. 



When the background was dry I added some clouds with a white charcoal pencil.  These pencils are lovely for clouds and highlights, among other things, and are very easy to use.  



I removed the mask and used Distress inks to colour the image.




I used the white charcoal to add some cresting waves along the bottom of the panel, then blended DI around the edges.



On a white base card I stamped several words to create a border then blended ink around the edges again.  I stamped and embossed the winged cogs and heart image three times onto acetate in copper EP.  Next I coloured the images on the reverse side with alcohol pens and added a coat of white gesso to make the colour show through.  I then cut the images out.



I stamped the verse onto a piece of ivory card in Sepia ink and embossed it with clear EP.  I tore the edges, blended DI around them and added gold marker pen to create an aged look.



I matted the focal panel onto dark card and attached it to the base card.  I then attached the verse and embellishments with dimensional glue. 




This lovely card is quite a simple design but the airship image is so beautiful it didn't need much more.  I think this design is great for any age or gender, and for lots of occasions.  The focal panel looks so relaxing - what a lovely way to travel!
Thank you very much for popping by today, I hope that you have enjoyed this post and you'll drop in again soon  :)

2 comments:

  1. I just love this Penny, it's stunning. The airship image is brilliant and what fabulous colours, love your sky, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you very much hun :) I think it's one of my favorites from these samples xxx

      Delete