Labels

Sunday 25 February 2018

Majestic Mixed Media



Hello and a warm welcome to my blog  :)  I'm sharing a mixed media canvas with you all today, another of my samples from Chocolate Baroque's January tv shows.  I have used the beautiful Bird of Joy  stamp; Versamark ink, clear embossing powder, Pebeo Dyna paints, black gesso, gold glitter texture paste, Glossy Accents, stencils and die cuts from my stash.



I took a small canvass and painted it with black gesso.  When the paint was dry I stamped and embossed the Bird of Joy and the words using clear ink and powder in the centre of the canvas.   I then started to paint the bird, I decided to use colours resembling those of a Peacock but you could use any colours you like.  I used Dyna paints because they are two toned and change with the light rather like Peacock feathers.  I added a little Glossy Accents to the bird's eye, then painted the flowers and added gold paint around the words to make them pop.



With the focal images painted I started to decorate the edges of the canvas.  I sponged a couple of colours of Dyna paints around the edges to add colour and texture.  When dry I used a stencil and texture paste over the paints at the bottom of the canvas, creating a frame around the focal images.   

 


I used the CB Useful Leaves stencil to add some painted foliage across the top of the canvas, then added some die cut foliage as well.  I used a Cropadile to put two holes at the top and threaded some cord through to complete the piece. 
  


I'm really pleased with this little canvas, it's full of texture and colour and it was such fun to create.  This beautiful stamp is definitely one of my favourites, it is so versatile too.  This canvas would make a lovely gift for any occasion, and a card made with this stamp would also suit any occasion and any recipient.  
Thank you for popping by today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that I'll see you here again soon  :)  

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Penny, I love the texture and the wonderful colours, of course the stamped image is marvellous, brilliant work of art, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so striking and done on canvas. I love the colours and the style. So different and moody yet so beautiful

    ReplyDelete