Labels

Sunday 25 February 2018

With Love in my Heart



Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  I have something a bit different for you today, well different for me anyway!  A romantic card in pastel tones, created with Valentines day in mind.  This is another of my samples for Chocolate Baroque's January tv shows.  I have used stamps from the French Heart, Harlequin Rose and Loving Sentiments sets; Useful Leaves stencil, Carabelle Studio script stencil,  Distress Oxides, alcohol pens, grey Versafine ink, glitter, ribbon and a die from my stash. 



I began this piece by stamping the French Heart image onto Neena Solar White card using grey ink.  I then coloured the image with pens, which is one of my favourite pastimes, and I added a shadow line around the heart to make it pop.  I used a tag die to cut the image and emboss it, then I edged the tag with DO ink.  I stamped a sentiment at the bottom of the tag and then put a hole into the top of the tag and added some ribbon.
    


I took a white base card and stencilled some script randomly all over it.  I then used the leaf stencil to add leaves around the top of the card.  I stamped a few small hearts randomly on the card, then added ink around the edges.  I attached the tag to the card with dimensional glue.
  


I decided  to add some sparkle with glitter on the flowers.




I really love this card, even though it is totally different from my usual work!  I enjoy trying something new, and the soft muted romantic colours and tones of this card really please me.  
Thanks very much for visiting my blog today, I hope you have enjoyed this post and that you'll come back soon  :) 

2 comments:

  1. I've so enjoyed your amazing creations Penny, and this one is so pretty, as you say a little different for you with pretty pink, beautifully coloured and designed, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m catching up and this is a lovely, sweet card in soft colours with the pretty colour in glitter.

    ReplyDelete